Introduction to Ski Touring
Are you just getting started?
Learn to travel up and then ski down with the support of an expert skier and qualified ski guide
Receive expert coaching on equipment, the finer elements of technique, transitions, terrain selection and more.
This is a great opportunity to improve on all aspects of your skiing and is suitable for beginner to intermediate level skiers.
Pick up from where your avalanche training course leaves off
Learn About everything from what to bring to, tuning your setup, ski techniques, backcountry essentials.
Instruction on all elements of skiing and backcountry travel in a mountainous environment.
Snowline Adventures provides instruction while in the following subjects in a safe, friendly and fun environment.
Gain skills in the following domains:
- Terrain Selection
- Ski Technique
- Snowpack Analysis
- Mountain Navigation
- Improve Your Skiing in All Snow Conditions
- Steep Skiing
- Glacier travel
- Efficient Travel Habits
- Effective Decision Making
|Guest to Guide Ratio||Up to 6:1 (Minimum of 3 participants to run)|
|Join a group||$215/day* (Maximum Guide Client Ratio 1:6)|
|Private group||$650/day* up to 3 clients
$850/day* 4-6 clients
* Taxes not Included.
- Flexible Dates
- ACMG/ IFMGA Certified Guides
- Intimate Local Knowledge
- Expert Skiers
- Advanced Rescue skills
- Passion for skiing and guiding you
Please consider the following notes on who this program is best suited for:
- No Experience to Beginner Level
- It’s optimal if you’ve skied a few runs previously
What is included:
- Guides’ Fees
- Pre-Tour Consultation
- All Technical Equipment (harness, crevasse rescue and group gear)
- Good times in the mountains
- Avalanche Rescue Equipment (we can supply rentals if necessary)
- Whistler Blackcomb Backcountry Lift Ticket
- Backcountry skis + skins or Split board set up (board, skins, poles)
- 30-litre backpack (something large enough to fit extra clothing, skins, food, water and any personal items)
- Avalanche Transceiver, Shovel, Probe
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Insulated jacket
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hats
- Sun hat
- Small personal ski repair kit
- Personal first aid, medication